I wish I had started blogging when my kids were little, well actually, there were no blogs when my kids were little. Anyway, as I read the blogs of young mothers, I think it is a fun way to journal a family's growth and activities. My children are all adults except for the straggler who is 13 years old. She does display great maturity for her age, though (I had to mention that because she reads this, it is true, though). Being the grandmother of a two-year-old brings back fond memories of my own children when they were two years old. I truly think that ages two and three are my most cherished memories of my children. I love to see the spontaneous delight that not only glows on their faces but bounces from their bodies, as they discover and learn new things. They take joy in pleasing others and revel in silliness. Even though my children are older now, there was plenty of silliness going on over the Christmas break as you can see by the quotes below. I love my children, they will always be a delight in life.
Blake: We're boys from the same family.
Thane: We're brothers.
Blake: That's what I just said.
Thane: Don't make me stick my lollipop to your face.
Thane: "We're not here to argue; we're here to trade Tiddly-Winks."
Andrea: "This is the sound of my face exploding."
Thane: "And of all things, it's 'La Bamba.'"
Andrea: "This snow is bouncy! It's bouncing off the windshield!"
Kaylyn: "It's frozen rain."
Andrea (in denial): "Shh. It's snow."
Kaylyn: "Wow, this snow is bouncy!"
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww, thanks! You're delightful, too!
ReplyDelete