Friday, January 16, 2009

So, I may have offended some scrapbookers. Well, I do scrapbook. I have made two (yes, I am proud of the fact that I have only made two, and, that I have made as many as two!). I love it. I made my first scrapbook when I was in college, many years ago before scrapebooking was popular. I used construction paper and wrapping paper because that's all I had. I've always been good at putting my pictures in photo albums, so, no need to spend money on scrapbooking. My second scrapbook I made about two years ago. My husband and I went on a trip to Spain, and I really wanted to scrapbook our experience. I had so much fun embellishing the pages, capturing the feel of "old" Spain. It's much better than just a photo book. The problem is, time and money. It takes too much time and money to scrapbook. When I start a creative project (quilts), that's all I want to do. I'd rather forget about the laundry, dinner, kids; I'd rather create! Besides that, everyone is doing it, I don't want to follow the crowd. I love it, but I still resist it. Now, quilting, that's another story...

1 comment: